Personal Balances Due, Estimated Tax and Other Payments online with your bank account.
- Go to https://www.ftb.ca.gov/pay/bank-account/index.asp
- Select "Use Web Pay Personal"
- Enter primary taxpayer social security number, last name and Captcha code
- Enter name and address information
- Select Payment Type. Most common payment types are:
- Tax Return Payments
- Estimated Tax Payment (540-ES)
- Extension Payments (Form 3519)
- Amended Tax Return Payment
- Select Applicable Tax Year
- Select Payment amount and payment date
- Note, for estimates, you can schedule multiple payments with different payment dates.
- If married, select "Yes" to joint payment
- Enter Spouse's information
- Enter Bank Account Information
- Submit payment and print/save confirmation
- Note: The FTB does not accept payments by credit card without charging a fee
Third party vendors such as ACI Payments allow you to make payments for a fee.