Balance due, estimated tax, and extension payments
Follow this link: https://www.irs.gov/payments/direct-pay
- Click "Make a Payment"
- Select Reason for payment. Common reasons include:
- Estimated Tax Payment
- Balance Due
- Amended Return
- Apply payment to: Income Tax
- Select Applicable Tax Year
- Click Continue to move to identity verification screen
- Use your tax return to verify information.
- To request a copy of your tax return, click here
- Enter payment information and routing and accounting numbers
Enter Bank Account Payment Information:
- Routing number
- Account number and account number confirmation
- Note: The IRS does not accept credit card payments.
- Third party vendors such as ACI Payments allow you to make payments for a fee.
- Confirm accuracy of information, submit and print/save confirmation information